Thursday 31 May 2012

I think I'll skip breakfast


I lived in Bangkok for a year, popped into China once or twice, and did the Aussie thing and went to Bali only a few weeks ago so I know that Asians like something different for breakfast.  You would normally find pork buns, miso soup, noodles, even chicken on the breakfast buffet at hotels.

But when I saw these signs this morning, I have to admit that my stomach did churn a little.  It may have been the few beers I had last night, but then again the thought of "fish porridge" for breakfast...mmm, I think I'll pass.

Although I am curious.  Does it contain fish, or is someone playing a joke?  Or maybe the translator got it wrong.  I might be brave tomorrow morning, and just take a tiny whiff.

Anyone tried fish porridge?

No comments:

Post a Comment