Sunday 3 June 2012

Showers and Towers

When I travelled through Europe about 16 years ago (wow, was it that long ago?), I came up with the idea of writing a travel book.  It was going to include all the "touristy" things/sites that everyone does around Europe, but with a slight twist.  I wanted to base it around the "Showers of Europe".

We stayed in many hostels, hotels, B&B's and campsites - each one it seemed had a different type of shower.  Some small, some big..some had high pressure, some not. They all had their individual quirks. But what a great way to share my European adventures, by taking you through the many showers of Europe.  But alas, the drinking and debauchery that went along with the European vacation (it started with a Contiki trip - need I say more) put a swift end to this idea...until now.

Let me introduce you to the 'Showers of Asia'.  The idea came back to me when I walked into my shower at the Boulevard Hotel.

The shower head is the size of, well, a head! It's huge!  And I like a good, firm, water pressure.  And it didn't disappoint.  So, I would like to enter this as exhibit 1...Boulevard Hotel, Kuala Lumpur.  (It's no Commando 450, but it does the job!).

Oh yeah, and the tower part?  I did what most tourists do when they come to Kuala Lumpur.  No, not shop.  I went up the Petronas Towers!  The twin towers are the largest twin towers in the world, and are connected by a sky bridge which is fixed via ball bearings to the towers.  This allows the towers to shift, and move with the wind if necessary.  Very cool.

Here is the view from the tower, looking across at it's twin.  In the background, yet another tower.  Kuala Lumpur Tower.


So, the journey continues.  It's my last week in Kuala Lumpur this week, before flying to Beijing on Friday night.  I'm looking forward to starting in Beijing.  Not just the experience...I haven't had an income in almost 6 weeks!  I need money!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment