Saturday 7 July 2012

Welcome home!

Hello blog fans, and welcome to my latest entry.  As most of you may know, I have been travelling for the last 2 weeks to a few of the cities where we have radio stations (if you have a map - Changchun, Tianjin, Nanjing and Xi'an).  So, I've been living out of a suitcase, staying in different hotels, and spending a lot of time in train stations and airports.  All while charging it to the company (that's the best part!)

On Wednesday, I arrived back home in Beijing and will be here for at least 10 days while the authorities issue my residence visa (they have my passport, so I can't go anywhere!).  Today, I thought I would invite you all into my new apartment.  

Welcome to Cosmopolite Apartments,  Building 25, Unit 1, Apartment 2208.

It didn't take me long to find this place, plus our finance guy lives here too and he said you couldn't find a better spot to live.  It's a secure compound, with 4 buildings, tennis court, convenience store, dry cleaner, plus I have access to the gym next door and swimming pool (at a fee of course).  It's a 20 minute walk to work (passed the Australian Embassy), and 10 minute walk to the Beijing subway.   It's quite mixed, with a few locals and alot of ex-pats.  

The apartments are fairly small, compared to Australia.  I was shown a studio apartment and a one bedroom apartment, and chose the latter.  A little more room.  I'm on the 22nd floor, fully airconditioned, broadband, satellite TV (well, 8 extra channels!), but most of all, it's comfortable.

A quick guided tour....


This is the living room and kitchen, which are pretty much the same room.  Washing machine, small fridge, hot plates, microwave and water cooler.  Will allow me to cook my own meals, when I'm home.

Bedrooom (with the hardest bed in - the - world!) and bathroom. There is a phone and broadband connection in the bedroom, and a great view out the window (see below).  Whenever we have a clear day (what, in Beijing? Never!) I will have a great view.

There you have it, in one simple blog entry.  My new home!  I know I have chosen the right place, because it was a great feeling coming back after 2 weeks on the road, unpacking, and relaxing.

Tune in next time to find out how my first Mandarin lesson went.







No comments:

Post a Comment